- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Blurry Vision Diagnosis and Treatment with Your Dallas Optometrist
At Optique, we provide our patients with outstanding care and one-on-one attention for all of their eye health and vision needs. If you notice any changes to your vision, it is important to contact our team immediately to discuss what could be occurring. This includes blurry vision. Dr. George Orm, your Dallas optometrist, and the staff are available to answer any of your questions and provide care to you immediately.
What Causes Blurry Vision?
Blurry vision can occur for many reasons. The symptoms of it include the inability to see objects well. Objects do not appear to have sharpness to them. This can make the things you see hazy or out of focus. When this happens, it is important to take steps to get help. Coming in to see your optometrist in Dallas is the first and most important step. We recommend not waiting long to get this help. The most common causes of blurry vision include:
- Refractive errors. When you are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism, this can cause blurry vision to occur. If your vision has worsened slowly over time, this is most likely the cause.
- Cataracts. When blurry vision is more cloud-like, this is often a symptom of cataracts. Cloudy vision can distort images as well, and cataracts are a very common cause of this look.
- Inflammation. If the blurry vision has occurred suddenly, this is cause for an immediate appointment with your optometrist. This can mean that you have a detached retina. It may also mean that inflammation is occurring in your eye that can cause damage to the optic nerve. When this happens, it can cause long-lasting vision loss.
What to Expect When You Visit Our Offices
If you have blurry vision, call our offices for an appointment. When you come in for it, we will provide you with a thorough eye exam. In that exam, we’ll look at both the quality of your vision and the structural health of your eyes. Our goal is to ensure that any eye conditions or diseases are properly addressed with the right treatment. Some of the options we have for blurry vision include:
- We may recommend eyeglasses or contact lenses if your vision is not at the highest quality possible. Prescription eyeglasses can correct astigmatism, nearsightedness, and farsightedness.
- We may be able to provide a consultation for any eye inflammation present. This may require a surgical procedure depending on the underlying cause.
If you have blurry vision, don’t ignore this important symptom. In most cases, we can improve your vision and resort your ability to see well. Call our team to discuss your condition.
Schedule a Consultation for Blurry Eyes with Your Dallas Optometrist
Call Optique to make an appointment with your optometrist in Dallas for an eye exam. Let us help you to find a solution to your blurry eyes. We’re available to meet with you right away for the care you need. Call us today at: (214) 252-1800.